Akwaaba! I'm Padma Mana, and I visited Ghana this summer on the Ghana: Discovering the Truth about Africa's Past Program. The program studied the Slave Trade and contemporary West African society, but I got this and so much more out of the experience. An African Proverb states that "She who learns, teaches." Of course, nothing can supplement the learning experience of traveling abroad, but hopefully you can glean a shadow of the perceptions I perceived while in Ghana from my accounts below. Thankyou, or as Ghanaians would say, Medaasi!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Day Before Departure (The Day of Packing)

So this is it! Tomorrow at 11:40 am our group leaves for Ghana. We've talked lots about what to pack and what to expect when we get there during our classes over the past two weeks, and I feel fairly prepared. Honestly I expected myself to pack at night before I went to bed, when I absolutely had to, but I found myself sitting at home bored, twiddling my thumbs during the day so I finished packing in the afternoon itself. Can't wait for this time in two days when we'll have landed!

No comments:

Post a Comment