Akwaaba! I'm Padma Mana, and I visited Ghana this summer on the Ghana: Discovering the Truth about Africa's Past Program. The program studied the Slave Trade and contemporary West African society, but I got this and so much more out of the experience. An African Proverb states that "She who learns, teaches." Of course, nothing can supplement the learning experience of traveling abroad, but hopefully you can glean a shadow of the perceptions I perceived while in Ghana from my accounts below. Thankyou, or as Ghanaians would say, Medaasi!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 6 at Daybreak!

It was hard to wake up early this morning because we stayed up late last night talking. I was so glad I did though, because we (just four of us) finally went on the jog we've been thinking of doing every morning!
 We started our run at 6 AM sharp, and boy was it a good run! We saw all the early morning routines of people on the outskirts of Tamale (our hotel is in the outskirts of town so we ran towards the heart of the city through the suburbs, if you could call it that). Lots of goats, chickens, and roosters were already up. The streets weren't quite as thronging as yesterday (yet!) but they were still pretty busy. The four of us ladies got some stares and honks :)
  Now we're off to a busy day around Tamale!

Medasi,
Padma

No comments:

Post a Comment